Watch over over 26,000 films on Kanopy! Just launched at Greenburgh Library, you can now watch must-see classic film from The Criterion Collection, learn about every subject imaginable from The Great Courses and PBS or indulge in festival indie or world cinema sourced from award-winning filmmakers globally. Kanopy makes it easy to watch any time, to share and discuss films.
How do I sign up? It's simple! Just follow these four steps:
1. Go to greenburghlibrary.kanopystreaming.com and create an account by clicking on the Sign up button.
2. Go to your email account to verify your email address.
3. Add your library card number and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone number).
4. Start watching videos!
1. How many titles can I watch?
You can watch a maximum of 5 videos per month (5 credits per month). Once you press play on a video, you will have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
2. When will my play credits reset?
Play credits reset on the 1st of the month. Once you have used your 5 credits, you will not be able to play any films until the new month starts.
3. How can I keep track of my videos?
You can track your viewing activity by visiting My Dashboard > Recently Viewed. The Recently Viewed page will list every video you have ever watched, even after the 3-day period has ended. If a video is still within the 3-day viewing period, the list will include the amount of time left on that viewing period.
5. Can you stream to your television?
Kanopy is compatible with the streaming services, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast using an Android/Google device, connection your computer your television via HDMI.
Visit Kanopy's FAQ and Help page for help with using the website, playing the film, compatible devices, and much more!
Kanopy has an app for ios and android based devices. Download Kanopy from the Apple App Store or Google Play store. In order to play a title, you will need to be logged in with a Kanopy account and have an active membership with Greenburgh Library. The account setup is a 3-step process:
1) Create a Kanopy account: Tap the Image result for hamburger menu icon icon in the top left corner to open the side menu. At the very bottom, tap on "Log In". In the center of the screen, tap on "I don't have an account"
You can create an account two ways:
2) Add Greenburgh library
Tap the link to "add your library." In the search box of the page that opens, start entering "Greenburgh Library"
3) Connect your account with your Greenburgh library membership
After adding your library, the last step is to authenticate yourself as a member of that library. Do this by entering your library card number and PIN.
Below the film you would like to use, click on the "Share" button as is circled above. This opens up the sharing or embedding code. Just select if you would like to share or embed, and let Kanopy do the rest! You can also include Kanopy in PowerPoint Presentations.